So is! Pasión de Bobal has been selected as representative of the Denomination of Origin Utiel-Requena in the category ‘Varietal Red from Bobal’.
What does this mean? Something great! That Pasión de Bobal will be, for a whole year, the wine that the PDO will take, representing the red wines of Bobal, to local and national fairs, congresses, tastings, courses aimed at catering and specialized stores, and a wide etcetera. And the truth is that it is a pride for us :-)
What makes Pasión de Bobal a special wine?
- It is a single-varietal wine, made only with Bobal grape, the native of the area.
- The grapes come from old vineyards, with more than 60 years. They have little production, but the quality of the grape is excellent.
- The vineyard is located in Camporrobles, at 920 meters altitude, one of the highest and coolest areas of the whole Denomination of Origin, which leads to a slower ripening of the grape. This influences the aromas and the quality of the wine, and it gives a differential touch with respect to the other wines produced in the area.
- It comes from organic farming, because the vineyards work in a balanced, respectful and sustainable way.
- The soil is very active, with good biological conditions and also leave its imprint on the final result of the wine.
- And finally, and for nothing less important, the work and know-how of our team of winemakers :-)
Do you want to know more about Pasión de Bobal? Here we leave you the tasting sheet.
Do you really want to meet him? Drink it and enjoy it. Here you can find some points of sale where you can buy Pasión de Bobal in Spain (If you need to find Pasión de Bobal out of Spain, please, ask us)