Bobal 65% - Cabernet 35%
The grapes for this organic and vegan wine are sourced from vineyards grown according to organic growing criteria in a balanced, caring and sustainable way. The vineyards’ soils carry great importance, being very active with good biological conditions which favour a fast assimilation of reincorporated organic matter. This enables full terroir expression.
· 90 points – Penin Guide 2024.
· Gold Medal – IX Wine Contest FEREVIN 2023.
· Wine selected by DOP Utiel-Requena 2023.
· 89 points – James Suckling 2023.
· Double Gold Medal – Gilbert Gaillard 2022.
· Gold Medal – Mundus Vini 2022.
· 93 points – ADN Verema Guide 2022.
· 90 points – Penin Guide 2022.
· Gold Medal – FereVin Wine Contest 2021.
· 90 points – Penin Guide 2020.
· Silver Medal – 1st Competition of Organic Wines of the Comunitat Valenciana 2020.
· Bronze Medal – Decanter Asia Wine Awards 2019.
· 91 points Penin Guide 2019.
· Silver Medal – VinEspaña 2019.
· Award Distinguised Wine Utiel-Requena – ASVASU.
· Gold Medal – Challenge International du Vin 2018.
· Gold Medal – 94 points – CIVAS Challenge – AKATAVINO Awards 2017.
· 91 points Peñin Guide 2018.
· Gold Taste Wine Up Guide (+90 points).
Ladera Los Cantos is the culmination of painstaking work in the search for a top quality product. Bunches are carefully selected by hand at harvest reception for a special, long vinification beginning with pre- fermentation cold soaks, followed by a long temperature-controlled alcoholic fermentation and then a post-fermentation maceration on the skins. The totality of the wine then goes into new French oak barrels where it does its malo-lactic fermentation and subsequently ages for up to 18 months.
A garnet-cherry colour with a ruby rim. On the nose, the wine shows aromatic finesse, freshness and elegance with distinct mineral character and subtle toasty oak. Hints of cocoa and ripe fruit then come through against a backdrop of forest floor aromas. Complex and expressive. Fleshy and round on the palate with medium body. Subtle toasty oak comes through again in the finish with red berry fruit flavours. Silky tannins within a light structure but with great length and elegance.
Excellent with red meat roasts and stews, small game and cured cheese. Risotto and dry rice made with wood of shoots.
Best served at a temperature of 16-18oC.