The grapes for this organic and vegan wine are sourced from vineyards grown in a balanced, caring and sustainable way. The vineyards’ soils carry great importance, being very active with good biological conditions which favour a fast assimilation of reincorporated organic matter. This enables full terroir expression.
· Silver Medal – The Global Organic & Vegan Wine Masters 2023.
· 92 points – James Suckling 2022.
· Gold Medal – Gilbert Gaillard 2022.
· 90 points – ADN Verema Guide 2022.
· Gold Medal – Asia Wine Trophy 2021.
· Gold Medal – The Spring Tasting, The Drink Business Magazine.
· 91 points & 5/5 stars – Penin Guide 2022.
· Gold Medal – The Drink Business Magazine.
· 91 points – James Suckling.
· Gold Medal – Berliner Wein Trophy 2019.
· Gold Medal – Mundus Vini 2019.
· Gold Medal – Monovino 2019.
· Gold Medal – Asian Wine Trophy.
· 92 points – James Suckling Guide.
· 90 points – Penin Guide.
· Silver Medal – Concours Mondial Bruxelles 2018.
· 89 points – Peñín Guide 2019.
· Gold Medal – XIX Concurso Nacional Cofradía del Vino Reino de la Monastrell.
· Gold Medal – Premios Mono Vino 2017.
· Gold Medal – Grand International Wine Award Mundus Vini 2016.
· Silver Medal – Grand International Wine Award Mundus Vini 2017.
· Gold Medal – Premios Mono Vino 2016.
· Silver Medal – Concours Mondial Bruxelles 2016.
Manual harvesting with special bunch selection to bring acidity, structure and vivacity. A pre-fermentation cold soak (16ºC) for 4 days, then temperature-controlled alcoholic fermentation at 26ºC for a further 10 days, before the wine is run off its skins. Malo-lactic fermentation with selected bacterial strains in stainless steel vats. Mixed ageing in second-fill American and French oak barrels (60% and 40% respectively) for 9 months. Stabilisation and filtering to ensure the stability of the wine in bottle. The processes leading up to the bottling are carried out in the gentlest way possible in order to preserve all of the wine’s character.
A deep cherry-red colour with a bright reddish rim. Very intensely aromatic with ripe red berry fruit mingling with pleasant toasty hints brought by the barrel. Also spicy hints, soft jammy cherry notes, hints of mountain herbs and wet stone. A powerful attack on the palate with very ripe tannins, a long mid-palate, fresh acidity and flavoursome, very spicy red berry fruit. Balsamic with a sensation of sweetness enveloping the toasty oak. Full, clean, and long with a lingering finish.
Excellent with roasts and stews, red meats, small game, cheese and cold meats.
Best served at a temperature of 16-18ºC.