The grapes for this organic and vegan wine are sourced from vineyards grown in a balanced, caring and sustainable way. The vineyards’ soils carry great importance, being very active with good biological conditions which favour a fast assimilation of reincorporated organic matter. This enables full terroir expression.
· 90 puntos – James Suckling 2023.
· 91 points – James Suckling 2022.
· Gold Award – The Global Autumn Tasting 2021.
· Gold Award – Gilbert Gaillard International Challenge 2020.
· Gold Award – Gilbert Gaillard International Challenge 2019.
· 91 points – James Suckling 2019.
· 89 points – Peñín Guide 2019.
· Great Gold Medal – Premios Mono Vino 2017.
· Silver Medal – Grand International Wine Award Mundus Vini 2016.
· Gold Medal – Premios Mono Vino 2016.
A pre-fermentation cold soak (16ºC) for 4 days, then temperature-controlled alcoholic fermentation at 26ºC for a further 8 days before the wine is run off its skins. Malo-lactic fermentation with selected bacterial strains in stainless steel vats. Mixed ageing in second-fill American and French oak barrels (70% and 30% respectively) for 4 months. Stabilisation and filtering to ensure the stability of the wine in bottle. The processes leading up to the bottling are carried out in the gentlest way possible in order to preserve all of the wine’s character.
A cherry-red colour with a garnet rim and ruby glints. Slow-trickling fine, clean tears. A complex nose with a harmonious mingling of black fruit and sweet spices, together with vanilla notes. On swirling, red berry fruit aromas gradually come through with hints of forest floor and damp earth. Flavoursome, fresh and slightly balsamic on the palate with good body and a good presence of ripe tannins. A lingering spicy finish.
Excellent with charcuterie, roast meats, stews, dried rice, grilled red meats and white meats.
Best served at a temperature of 16-18ºC.