The grapes for this wine are sourced from vineyards grown in a balanced, caring and sustainable way. The vineyards’ soils carry great importance, being very active with good biological conditions which favour a fast assimilation of reincorporated organic matter. This enables full terroir expression.
· Gold Medal – National Spanish Wine Competition 2019.
· Gold Medal – Monovino 2019.
· Gold Medal – Top Wine 2018.
· 89 points – Peñín Guide 2019.
· Gold Medal – FEREVIN Awards.
· Gold Medal – Monovarietal Proava Awards 2018.
· Commended – International Wine Challenge 2018.
· 90 points – James Suckling Guide.
· Silver Medal – Asian Wine Trophy 2018.
· Silver Medal – Citadelles du Vin 2019.
· Gold Medal – Concours Mondial Bruxelles 2018.
· Gold Medal – Challenge International du Vin 2018.
· Great prize for the best wine of the Mostra de Vins 2018 – Contest of Wines PROAVA of the C.Valenciana 2018.
· Gold Medal – Mundus Vini 2018.
· Selected by the Utiel-Requena PDO to represent the Denomination of Origin.
· Gold Medal – Certamen Top Wine.
· Gold Medal – Monovino Contest 2018.
· Silver Medal – Decanter World Wine Awards 2017.
· Distinguished Wine – ASVASU Utiel-Requena Awards.
· Bronze Medal – I Contest Varietal Wines Comunitat Valenciana – PROAVA.
· Gold Taste – Wine Up Guide (+91 points).
· Silver Medal – Citadelles du Vin 2018.
· Bronze Medal – International Wine & Spirit Competition 2018.
· Gold Medal – Grand International Wine Award Mundus Vini 2016.
· Silver Medal – International Wine & Spirit Competition 2016.
· Silver Medal – Mundus Vini Biofach 2017.
· Silver Medal – Challenge International du Vin.
· Distintion – Decanter World World Wine Awards 2015.
· 90 points – Vino Cotidiano Guide 2014 – 2015.
· 90 points – The Wine Advocate – Robert Parker 2015.
· Bronze Medal – Internation Wine Challenge 2015.
· Distintion – Somellier Wine Awards 2015.
This wine comes from our 60 year-old vineyards, where the necessary balance and quality potential for the production of wines of character are clearly present. The grapes are harvested and collected in small crates at the end of October. On arriving at the cellars, the bunches are carefully sorted. The vinification is long and specially adapted, beginning with a pre-fermentation cold soak, followed by a short alcoholic fermentation at low temperatures. The wine then undergoes its malo-lactic fermentation in 100% new French oak barrels where it also ages for up to 6 months. Finally, the fining, stabilization and filtering processes before bottling are carried out with the greatest care in order to preserve all of the wine’s character.
A very deep black cherry colour with a light-purple rim. On the nose, nice red berry and black fruit aromas, such as strawberries, raspberries and blackcurrants are underpinned by creamy, slightly toasty oak, together with touches of spice and liquorice. Very flavoursome on the palate, fruit-forward, with rounded tannins, good acidity and slight hints of vanilla, smoke and toast. A wine with both individual character and harmonious balance.
Excellent with hearty meals such as red meat, game or duck. Also with strong cheese, pâtés, rice dishes or pasta with sauce.
Best served at a temperature of 16-18ºC.